Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Dear Angie's Spring 2008 Students:

First of all I would like to say that I really learned a lot in this class and actually enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. That is something to keep in mind throughout the semester.

I really enjoyed working on a real client based project. The client for our class was the American Haitian Foundation. For the client, we first had to prepare a proposal for a new Web site. After a proposal was selected the class collectively created the AHF Web site. Writing the proposal is a task that takes time and thought. My advice to you is to start working on the proposal as soon as you get any information. My group did this. We met once a week to work on the project. At first, I thought I would hate doing this. However, we had our proposal completed a week ahead of time and I was never once stressed out about it. The quality of work was also better since we were not simply throwing the proposal together at the last minute. Our proposal was chosen and is the basis for the new AHF Web page. Even if you do not think you have any computer skills that would be useful in building a Web site, do not worry, I did not either. However, there is a lot of other work that goes on behind the scene to build a Web site and there is something for everyone to do. It is very rewarding to know that you helped build a Web site or do a project that is going to benefit a non-profit organization worthy of support. My advice to you is to be a good group member. Volunteer to do work and have your work turned in on time. This makes everything go smoother.

As far as other work goes in the class, such as your resume and presentation, do the work as best you can when it is first due. If you need to make changes to it, then make changes as soon as you get feedback. If you do it right the first time, it saves you a lot of time and trouble throughout the rest of the semester.

Lastly, my advice to you is to spell Web page and Web site like this: "Web page" and "Web site" not website or webpage. That is immediate points off.

Good Luck and Enjoy Business Writing with Angie! She is a great teacher!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Flores Online, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://flores-on-line.blogspot.com. A hug.